catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Politics 2004: Adult versus embryonic stem cells WAR

vanlee
Sep 02 2004
11:39 pm

Here’s a site on the Adult vs Embryonic stem cell debate: MIGHT come up in t he PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. That’s why this article might be better under the politics heading, at least till the pres. election over.

http://www.stemcellresearch.org/

This site is by the Coalition of Americans for Ethical Research. Lots of articles—-from lots of sources. Scientific, ethical, political consequences discussed. Might be a good resource for those wishing to understand the scientific, ethical & political views of those opposing creation of embryos for stem cells….and for understanding what adult stem cells have to offer.

If a candidate comes out against embryonic stem cell research, is he also against adult stem cell research? If a candidate supports adult stem cell research (or does not oppose it) that candidate is DEFINITELY backing THE TYPE OF stem cell use THAT CARRIES little or no ethical problems. Adult stem cells come from umbilical cords, & from many other parts of our bodies (AND WE NEED NOT BE KILLED FOR THEM!!!)..Have also (like embryonic cells) been successfully used in some treatments.

AND THERE ARE NOT THE BIG ETHICAL CONCERNS WITH CREATING AN EMBRYO IN ORDER TO CANNIBALIZE IT FOR STEM CELLS.

And note, for the politicians (OR THEIR KIN—like Ron Reagan) who might market embryonic stem cell use… embryonic stem cells have some risk factors…like the possibility of getting out of control; and of causing tumors.

Why, in the increasing number of successful adult stem cell research & treatments, do some still push for embryonic stem cell research?
Is it that they desire to keep the child sacrifices going???(Sorry, my overreaction to those clamoring for another way of child death….Or am I overreacting?
Some of my pagan ancestors would have sacrificed humans. Maybe I overimagine…I sure hope so…)

Shades of Dr. Mengele—the larger than life MID 20TH cENTURY Evil Doctor who wanted to know how long pilots would last in freezing water. So he dropped some Jewish prisoners into freezing water & timed them…Experimented on twins—-did live (no anesthesia) surgeries…Do a quick internet search on the charming, but deadly Dr. Josef Mengele. See what science unrestrained by ethics, fed by a neopagan and twisted quasi Darwinian view of “survival of the fittest” can lead scientists to do…AND VOTE ACCORDINGLY.