catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Iraq occupation

Heidi_N_Seek
Apr 06 2006
12:54 am

I believe that God has given us the tools to be constructive rather than destructive. All we have to do is apply them. People are always saying that one person cannot change the world, but I say why not? It’s like the domino effect. One person starts doing what he or she can, then another sees it and says hey i can do that, and so on and so forth. There’s a song I identify with called "The Change". It says everything I believe and how I feel regarding our world.

"The Change"

verse 1: One hand reaches out and pulls a lost soul from harm…while a thousand more go unspoken for, they say what good have you done by saving just this one. It’s like whispering a prayer in the fury of a storm.

Chorus: And I hear them saying, you’ll never change things, and no matter what you do it’s still the same thing. But it’s not the world that I am changing, what I do is so, this world will know that it will not change me.

verse 2: This heart still believes that love and mercy still exist. While the hatreds rage, and so many say that love has lost importance in madness such as this, it’s like trying to stop a fire with the moisture from a kiss.

Chorus *

As long as one heart still holds on then hope is never really gone

Chorus *

What I do is so this world will know that it will not change me, What I do is so this world we know, never changes me.

? Garth Brooks.

I think that says it all.

~Heidi