catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Iraq occupation

Heidi_N_Seek
Mar 30 2006
11:50 pm

Originally I didn’t think we should invade and I still stick with that opinion. I’ve had two friends die over there. I don’t think anyone really gets the impact of war until it hits your own backyard. However, since we did do it, and we can’t take it back we can’t just up and leave either. That’s called between a rock and a hard place. You can’t leave an entire country floundering aimlessly. I’m not even sure where we should go from here honestly. The people should come first. Hell, people should always come first. But that doesn’t seem to be the way it works. I can only hope they’ll figure out a way to strenghten Iraq and get us the hell out of there. Bush has completely dismantled the foundations of our country. And way too many people don’t see it. The man called The U.S. Constitution "just a piece of paper". That really frightens me. This is our leader…the President of the United States of America…but the Constitution means nothing to him, the War in Iraq is big business for him instead of about life and death, he even tried to sell out our ports to the UAE. The UAE who has proven ties and monetary support to the Al Queda, who has smuggled nuclear components to countries such as North Korea, who was one of the only countries to recognize the Taliban as the legitimate government of Afghanistan, and two of it’s citizens participated in the 911 attacks. I can’t understand how he has any supporters left. Anyways, I just went off on a tangent. But I guess there’s no room to wonder about how I really feel lol.

~Heidi