catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Iraq occupation

Heidi_N_Seek
Apr 16 2006
03:49 pm

It is my belief that God granted humans one very potent and important thing….free will. Free will that extends to every aspect of our lives. Whether we take action and fight for our beliefs or whether we sit idley by, saying it won’t be good enough so i’m not even going to try….it’s all our own choice. Whether we say "Let’s see what I can do" or say " one person can’t change anything", it is all on us. God created the Earth and everything on it and handed it to us. And it is up to us not just to ask God to help but to take to the task at hand and rise up and fight, kick and scream, do whatever is in our power to live up to the responsiblities God has given us. Even if we lose, we know and God knows that we did our best and we didn’t give up. We’ve been mentioning a lot of quotes, adages, and cliche’s…and the reason being that most are ingrained with some kind of truth, no matter how often it’s used. And the one I think is appropriate now is "God helps those who help themselves"…with a little added tailend…."and others". We’re not going to win every fight we take on, but we can say we fought. We can’t save every child, but we can look back on the ones we did, we’re not always going to be recongnized for the good we’ve done…but we’ll know we’ve done it. Every small action brings a reaction, and sometimes those reactions change lives and even save the world in some small way.

Ask any sinner who has found his way to Jesus by the words of a minister….he’ll tell you that minister changed the world…his world. Ask any scared forgotten child who lost his parents and is given a second chance with a foster family….he’ll tell you that family changed the world, his world. Ask any illiterate man who is taught to read by his tutor…he’ll tell you that tutor changed the world, his world. Ask any lost and lonely elderly person, any sad housewife, any unemployed man, what it would take to change te world? A smile, a hug, a job? Those things change the world everyday. Ask any soldier sitting in Iraq today what a letter, a package, a handdrawn picture means to them? It changes the world. Their worlds. All these things and more bring hope. Without hope their is no point. So if you carry a little bit of hope with you everyday, you to can change the world…one smile at a time.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the soldiers sitting in Iraq today instead of home with their families, serving their country. Whether you agree with the war, or whether you don’t….these soldiers need your prayers today and everyday.

Thank You,
Heidi