catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Iraq occupation

Heidi_N_Seek
Apr 09 2006
07:50 pm

Bush has completely undermined our country and most of us sit about just wringing our hands saying "well, there’s nothing we can do about it.". That isn’t true and never will be as long as we are still willing to fight for what we believe in.

… " But when a long term of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security"..

~ Declaration of Independence
~
July 4, 1776

Not that maybe we should think about it, maybe this or that…but our RIGHT and our DUTY. Someone once said, I can’t remember who, "Be the change you want to see in the world". Yes, we have limitations, yes we are finite creatures while God is infinite. However, God often uses us to bring about change, to cause a miracle, to fight for what is right, and yes even to change the big picture. Almost 250 years ago pioneering colonists changed the big picture in a big way. They brought about a new country and a new way of life. 100 years ago the big picture was yet again changed to include industry, railroads, ect. Less than 50 years ago 2 men changed the world again with the invention that changed technology and about 15 years ago someone else took it further and changed the way we view everything with the invention of the internet. All of those change the big picture. Whether it changes the last reel of it is neither here nor there but the big picture can be changed…because of people who begin with changing one small thing. THe small things add up as long as we never give up. Being a fatalist takes away all hope. And I don’t believe God wants that for us. He wants for us to be willing to change the world, not worrying about whether we can or not. I know I packed way too much info in too little of a space. So if any clarification is needed, I’ll make sure i do so.

~Heidi