catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

A question for anti-war Americans

SandyWilbur
Apr 09 2003
09:07 am

Many years ago, Billy Graham said something like, “Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult, and not tried.” I think what he was getting at is that living as a Christian involves not just trying to live with your Christianity in the face of a screwed-up world, but developing a whole new paradigm for facing and influencing the world. It is extremely difficult to see the world living by the Beatitudes, but as it says in Ephesians, God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think. That’s what I had in mind when I brought up the subject of “Christian anarchism” in one of the other discussions – Christians have to be Christians first, and patriots, capitalists, Democrats, etc., as their Christianity permits. Another nice Old Testament scripture that seems to hold great promise – if we will start acting like the Body we are supposed to be – starts out: If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and seek my face… You know the rest.
Cheers.

Religion for Thinkers:
http://www.netcom.com/~symbios/relig.html