catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Invisible Children and Dear Francis films

RagamuffinA
Nov 05 2005
02:32 am

Children[/i:63e245b1c4] is an independent film made by a few guys who were inspired to look into issues in the Sudan. They raised money, bought some miniDV tapes and got on a plane. They were changed by what they found there, especially regarding the children being consistently recruited to join Uganda’s rebel troops, brainwashed and force to kill their own. [i:63e245b1c4]Invisible Children[/i:63e245b1c4] reveals these issues in a powerful way, documentary style. Circulation of the film is still limited but is progressing nonetheless. www.invisiblechildren.com has a trailer and how to host a screening or fundraiser, etc. And a pretty impressive flash site. Francis[/i:63e245b1c4] is a film made by my very own APU alums – a documentary in the form of letters written by children from Swaziland to an unknown Francis in regards to HIV/AIDS crisis questions. This one proved especially impactful on me after being involved with the ONE campaign (“Making Poverty History”)here in LA. www.dearfrancis.org 100% of the proceeds go directly back to Swaziland.

I urge anyone interested or uneducated in either of these social justice issues to at least check out the websites. The goodness and grace of God are so badly needed in both of these countries…[/u] Awareness is the start, but how are we as Christians to respond?