catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

"die" with a "t"

chehalis
Mar 11 2004
11:52 am

I do not know the particulars about this diet but I know my sister used it. It is a biblical form of weight watchers so to speak. What happens is you meet with a group each week and talk about eating biblically — essentially: what leads us to eat the way we do? why are we in such a hurry and not able to eat what God put in the garden of Eden for us? is food coming between you and your relationship with him and others? is there a trouble that you need to be giving to God that causes you to eat? pretty much to truly understand eating and eating healthy in a biblical sense one must evaluate what role does food place in their lives. I am thinking to more about your question: what is biblical eating — not that I do this but I think God had made naturally foods that help our bodies function and be in top form to do his work and praise him….. I don’t so much thinks Jacks pizza has a corner on that market like God does. As for things like the Atkins diet — please do not get me wrong I know it works for a lot of people and it has some great aspects — eat more natural foods however — eating less “carbs” and more fat that clogs arteries as much as you want etc… something just doesn’t jive with me…
God speaks very clearly about gluttony I think portion size, the 5 W’s and how processed your foods will help you decide for yourself if you feel you are eating biblically… note this is just what I think not what I do… it’s very hard… convience is a powerful thing.