catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

sex before "marriage"?

Stnwall64
Jan 18 2005
12:05 pm

Hey Norb, been a long time. Still working hard at kohler and i’ll try and stop by and say hi before i go on my mission tell you where i’m going and stuff.

Anyway to the topic. As a Mormon, and as sex before marriage and marriage in general pertains to me here goes:

marriage: We proclaim marriage is between man and a women and is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of his children.
We believe marriage to be the most sacred institution on this earth and to be eternal, that is lasting beyond death. In order for this to occur, sacred ordinences and covenants must be made, which would require the church. So both church and God would be required.

Immorality: Chastity is sexual purity, a condition that “pleasing unto God” (from book of mormon). To be chaste, you must be morally clean in your thoughts, words, and actions So sexual relations before you are legally married is a no no. Physical intimacy between husband and wife is beautiful and sacred. It is ordained of God for the creation of children and for the expression of love within marriage. So “anything goes behind the bedroom door” is flawed and incorrect. There are some things that do not express love or appreciation for your spouse.

that’s my two cents