catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Road Trippin'

rvanderpol
Oct 12 2004
11:33 am

Hey, I have some must sees for you as you I-90 it out to WA and BC. In Rapid City, SD they have some attarctions that are kid-centered (dinosaur park). There is a little town near Moses Lake, WA named George (ha ha – George, Washington). There is a cool vantage point of the Columbia River – awesome view. Similar awesome view just down the road in Vantage, WA (mind you, this is in the middle of nowhere, but God’s artistic brush is all over the place!) When going over the pass of the Cascades, you could stop at the town of Snoquallimee and see some very impressive waterfalls, Alex will love it – make sure he climbs on the old train in town – good photo op’s. Going down the pass, stop at exit 34 at Ken’s Truck stop for a bowl of clam chowder!! Once you hit the Seattle area (I-5 north to the border) you are pretty much metro-urbanized.

If in Lynden (just short of the border) stop in at True Value Hardware for a free cup of coffee. Just ask for the manager (my dad – Darwin) and tell him you are from Sheboygan (and you know his son).

Finally, If you go into B.C. using the Aldergrove crossing, there is a great Zoo (the Vancouver area zoo – again Alex would love it)

Have fun! Stop often. There is some beatifull sceneary along the way.

Blessings…