catapult magazine

discussion

The Gay Rights Fight

angelavaags
Apr 12 2007
07:03 pm

wow,

Man+Man= [b:464d254b81]no kids[/b:464d254b81]=uncomfrotable people

Woman+ Man = [b:464d254b81]kids[/b:464d254b81]=white picket fence =american dream= happy people

If i remember right, if you want to be married throught the CRC Church and plan on not having kid even thought you are able they will not marry you…
ladies spread em…

Just so you know I "burn" for men

Anyway i am being cheeky and i am sorry for that…..I respect my right of center CRC roots they made me who i am today, but working in Musical Theatre I have come across many gay men and woman who have come to be dear friends of mine.

love is a wonderful and hard thing to find. when you find it keep it close and commit to it for life…. I am sorry that some find that love with some one of the same sex,
not because i feel it’s wrong…
because they are in a long road of persecution…
I may have CRC roots but i am truly a hippie at hart. Make love not war

I just came back from good old Germany the other day and i had a chance to take in some theatre while i was there.
Some how i found my self watching "Hansel und Gretel Horrorshow"
At the Dusseldorfer Schauspielhaus a large theatre in the Duss.
I was expecting to see adult actors presenting something for children…
the play was to be in musical form taking the lead from Rockey Horror Picture Show with the childhood story of Hansel and Gretel smooched in.
I found this to be an interesting problem to slove, because knowing both the stage and screen versions of RHPS, the sexual content and subject matter would be hard to being down to a childs level.
So when I found out that this play was not going to be done adults but by adulesents from the age range of 13 to 18 I knew I was in for an uncomfortable ride. Wiped cream and cherries.
I would go into detail but trust me it was shocking and even though I would put my self into a more liberal thinking chatagory then most on this site I left feel like i had witness something…. well wrong.

I was lucky to have witness the "spetacle" with a Australian music and drama teacher
who agreed a beer and conversation was needed to digest what we had just witnessed.

These German teen were pretty good actors or at least focused in what they were doing.
My Ausy friend gave me stories on how for her just getting teens to hold hands on stage was a battle, what we had just seen seemed well rehursed, and they were comfortable.

Is this a cultural question? It seem sexuality is not a taboo topic at the dinner table in Germany if Theatre is truly a reflection of that society.
This topic was brought up in my friends German language class "did you bring up the topic of sex with your parent"
The Two Asian Woman uncomfortably pulled on their cloths as the eastern european man stated his mom bought him condoms when he requested…

not quite sure were i am going with this. We live in an over sexed society but we are getting that information from a second source.

We need to HUG our kids more.