catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

The Gay Rights Fight

vanlee
May 14 2005
09:47 am

My brother-in-law, about 5 years back, left my Eastern Indiana sister & 2 kids & moved to the West coast. Now, he moved to the East Coast—Boston…and is good with support$ & does see & email his kids regularly.

We think he is now gay —We are about 99% sure. I won’t go into the many indications. My sister will not answer the question “Is he gay now?”, and we do not ask again because it would be rude.

We are unfailingly kind & courteous to him & his parents…and his children have been partly helped from the general damage of both divorce and distance from dad by my sister’s move to an Illinois area near my family.

(His mom, a lady whom I have always gotten along with well, and with whom I worked with in our old church, had also mentioned that her 3 kids had NEVER lost a piece to any puzzle or game in all their childhood. I hope this extreme attention to detail (which made her a great church leader) did not push any of her kids too far.

But now the psychiatrists have changed the official reasons why someone is gay…so supposedly it is imbedded at birth & will (or should) supercede hetersexual choices. Are psychiatrists acting according to truth or according to cultural thot fashions?

And I have a tendency to deep anger (a legacy from my Viking past) If it is genetic, am I licensed to inflict my anger without restraint???

I see early pics of him gazing most lovingly into my sister’s face…No homosecuality evident there or apparently during the years they had 2 kids.[/b:067d40bd5e]

But my purpose is not to delve into his past—-but to speculate on the possible future consequences.

If, indeed, the inner pain & anguish indicated in the beginning of Romans —and the pain of separation from God (note my bro in law was once a deacon)
…if that is a description of growing or future consequences of active homosexual practice, then he is and will experience these devastating things. And his children will suffer extra damage from distortion from the hetersexual father image.

I can’t see inside his mind, but I observe damage in my sister & the kids and he is not the same either…He is a wounded creature.
But (since I believe he lifes in homosexual friendly communities & still makes a large $$$despite child support) where do most wounds come from? Not from us. We treat him with dignity & respect & rarely see him anyway as he is usually gone.

his wounds come from his bad choices, if the Bible’s words on the consequences indeed go beyond the immediate culture….[/b:067d40bd5e]