catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

Top Ten re: television

Heidi_N_Seek
Feb 13 2006
04:09 pm

Well, first off I don’t believe I’ve watched one show that’s posted here lol. I don’t have cable so it kind of puts a crimp in the tv action hehe. However, there is a couple of shows I really enjoyed when I did watch. One is Monk. Which is about a highly neurotic detective. There’s the pain and angst of having lost his wife, the comedic content of his neurosis, plus the action added by the mysteries he has to solve. Most usually murder cases. It’s an all around fun show. Another that didn’t really last very long that I liked a lot was called 4400. I think it was incredibly awesome. All about 4,400 people who disappeared due to alien abduction and were all of a sudden all dropped back here on earth at the same time. It has not only the scientists who are trying to figure out what happened but the personal problems of those who were taken and then returned. It was cancelled into the second season so I’m supposing that the ratings weren’t very good, but I, personally, really enjoyed the show. I am also an ’80’s show fanatic. Television shows such as The Facts of Life, Diff’rent Strokes, 21 Jump Street, Remington Steele, Magnum P.I., and Moonlighting. All of which were incredibly good, and always seemed to have a bit of comedy underlying any problems the characters were having. There’s my 2 cents.

Thanks!
Heidi C. Saunders