catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

TOP FIVE JIVE

Xyrak
Apr 22 2003
03:08 pm

Flippen Eh. Lopez, Nips, Norbert, Blisster. Shouts to ya. Never thought we’d meet up in cyberspace. Wierd.
Well I’m gonna “Type Loud” here for a moment.

hmmm top 5. I don’t have a top 5, I probably have a top 50. I agree with Nips. Ya need to specify what top 5.

But for the sake of this post here it goes.

1. Pink Floyd (Division Bell)
Because WYWH was taken. Dark Side is ok but I overdid it in College. Lopez you got me hooked in college man. Its all about the Floyd. Should check out my CD collection.

2. Tea Party (Which ever one is released at the time, except for Transmission which is bogus)
Big time Tea Party fan. Excellent mucisians incorporating Eastern sounds with heavy rock and a bit of balad. Awesome performers. Saw them at the Orpheum with the VSO. Amazing.

3. Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dream)
Cuz it brings back so many college memories.

4. Delerium (Poem)
This one of those albums that will probably be off the top 5 by the end of the day from overplaying it.

5. Dire Straits (Dire Straits)
Mark Knophler? Yeah Dude.

Oh and I’ve just recently discovered the joy of Bass. I picked it up a couple years after Grad. Have myself a 6 string Northwood Custom job. Loving it. And with that I have found a renewed love for Stu Hamm, Jaco Pastorius, and of course Less Claypool (Primas, which I got to see at OzzFest a few years back).

Oh and don’t mind the Username. I’m a total tech nerd, you know that. Hanging out with all you English and Theatre majors was cool but I have stay real to my techie side.

Xyrak (aka Dave) signing off.