catapult magazine

catapult magazine

discussion

the music industry

chanteur
Jul 17 2006
01:25 pm

It is not the artists’ fault. it is a problem of lack of team work . everyone pulling on the artist or each other from different directions and negativity. that I see is the problem, with alterior motives… CIrque du Soleil has an awesome book out that describes what makes them so successful.. How they do it.. It is great reading if you get a chance to pick it up at one of their shows or perhaps even at their website. They remind me of being just like a record label. albeit using acrobats instead. the bpook is called "The Spark" Would love to see the labels work like this. Think it would reinvigorate the entire entertainment industry if the focus shifted away from people taking things, and makkingn it about taking things personally to everyone striving for excellence of the show/brand and considerate and conscious of each others roles and how they are affected by each others actions. I just spoke wiith the mktng head of a major ad he said something about an artist taking the fall for something they did. And that it’s always the artists who if falls on when something goes wrong and they have to pay for it in some way. That seems so upside down. Not necessarily personall to the artist. but to the entire business structure…. if you crush the aritst you spend tons more money trying to bring up a new one. and you don’t learn form the mistake and again the new one too wil be crushed…. but if they support the artist in healthy ways and strive to be sure the artist is up physically, mentyally spiritualyl and emotioalyl and has the ultimate best care , and if everyone takes responsibility for the incidents then the cow will willingly continue to give milk.

jjust my perspective